VAT will be added to EU customers based on the member state VAT rate where the customer is located unless a valid VAT number is provided
Order a package
Upload your website, buy a domain
Point domain to your server and go online!
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress is reportedly the easiest and most popular website management or blogging system in use on the Web, supporting more than 60 million websites.
Joomla is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. Over 7,800 free and commercial extensions are available from the official Joomla! Extension Directory, and more are available from other sources.
Drupal is a free and open source content-management framework written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License, provides a back-end framework for at least 2.2% of all Web sites worldwide – ranging from personal blogs to corporate, political, and government sites.
Hostens is a part of the leading Lithuanian (Europe) hosting provider. With a focus on individual and small business, Hostens aims to provide totally clear and simple shared hosting packages without any hidden conditions for the best price in the market.
We strive to be different from other shared hosting providers. We decided not to mislead our customers with catchy phrases, such as “unlimited offers”, “unmetered bandwidth”, “unlimited shared hosting”, etc. The truth is, is it almost impossible to do unlimited anything in technology and shared hosting field.
Since many customers do not read the Terms & Conditions part while purchasing shared hosting, they simply do not understand the offers they get. If customers decide to really use the service without any limitations, in many cases they go over these “limits”, and their site may simply be turned off. At the end of the day, customers have to realize they have been fallen for cartain marketing tricks and thus will have to pay much more than they were planning in the first place. Our goal is to provide the less experienced customers with transparency and totally clear deals without any hidden conditions.
Finally, we aim to provide a high-quality and affordable web hosting service with the best customer support ever!
By the way, we do understand that having questions is normal, especially in case of less technically-minded people. This is why our support team are always ready to consult you by helping to choose the best shared hosting package.
Shared hosting, often referred to as web hosting, is one of the most common ways to host your website. It is the most economical option as the overall costs of server maintenance are shared among several customers.
Shared hosting allows several websites to use one physical server by sharing its storage, computing power, network, and other resources. It means that many websites reside on one web server connected to the Internet.
The main advantages of shared hosting are:
- Its price. Shared hosting is by far the most affordable way to host a website. The price of Hostens shared hosting starts at $0.99 per month.
- Its flexibility. You are welcome to choose from plenty of shared hosting packages, depending on your needs. If you host a small website that does not have such high a traffic, and 15 GB disk space is enough for you, the smallest shared hosting package costs less than 1 dollar per month. Also, you are able to upgrade (or downgrade) your service anytime.
- Its ease of use. Hostens shared hosting package comes with an easy-to-use cPanel control panel included. cPanel is one of the most popular and trusted web hosting control panels. It is a perfect tool for setting up blogs, e-commerce sites, and any other business or personal websites. cPanel with Installatron offers an easy, one-click installation of almost 200 most popular blogging platforms, content management or some other web applications, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop, phpBB, and more.
The cPanel control panel includes such features as file management, database/domain administration, email accounts management, statistics, and analytics.
- Its worry-free maintenance. As technical maintenance is already included in your shared hosting package, no specific knowledge is required. Hostens is going to take care of all the maintenance issues. Furthermore, technical customer support is always ready to consult you and answer all your questions, which is not so common in the virtual private server (VPS) service. The shared hosting provider is the one responsible for servers’ management, software updates, security issues, and technical support. It means that the customers get a ready-to-use service and do not need to worry about technical issues anymore.
However, shared hosting has some limitations. Usually it has less functionalities and customization options compared with VPS. Also, because server is shared among several users, a suddenly increased traffic to your website can cause serious performance issues.
Just like our slogan says, web hosting is a home for your website. It means that you cannot have your blog, e-shop, photography portfolio, or another kind of websites live on the Internet without shared hosting. Which means you definitely need to use shared hosting services in order to build a website for your business or hobbies.
Furthermore, shared hosting is usually used in order to have an email account. As email has become the primary communication tool at work and in personal life, there is a huge need to have an email account with your custom domain (for example, [email protected]). This service is a premium one and differs from popular free webmail sites such as Google or Yahoo, because it provides an ad-free email hosting.
Using even the smallest shared hosting package here at Hostens, you can get as many as 10 email accounts.
When it comes to deciding on the type of hosting services - whether it is shared hosting or VPS, you have to answer the main question – what is the purpose of my website? If you have a small website and expect up to 500 visitors per day, and there is no need for customized solutions, shared hosting may suit you.
However, sharing a server can limit your site’s performance when traffic level goes up. This is why, if you are more sensitive regarding resources’ sharing, you should think about VPS hosting, where much fewer users use the same resources.
VPS hosting is a technically superior solution in almost every way. That is why VPS hosting is usually needed when there is a need to have your own set of services and customizable disk space.
Also, please keep in mind that VPS hosting is usually recommended only to experienced developers and sysadmins, as it is a self-managed service. It means you should have a strong technical background or a pro server admin in your team.
Finally, if your website is expecting a substantial increase in traffic within a few months, you can always move on to VPS hosting.
As there are plenty of shared hosting providers out there, choosing a reliable one can be tough. We want to help you, so here we have listed a few major reasons why you should choose us:
- Our experience. Hostens is a part of the leading web hosting provider in Lithuania, named ‘Interneto Vizija’, which successfully serves more than 100 000 customers. The company was founded in 2003, and only 2 years later became the largest web hosting provider in Lithuania.
- Data center. Hostens runs TIER III data center located in the geographic midpoint of Europe – the Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania. Our data center is also the largest one in the region.
The data center infrastructure
● Location: Lithuania, Vilnius
● Built according to TIER III standard
● 2 independent 2 MW power inlets
● 3 x 664 kW diesel generators
● 4 x 275 kW uninterruptible power supplies
● 6 x 146 kW “freecooling” cooling system
● 2 independent optical communication inputs
● 140 server racks
● Redundant power and internet connection for each rack
- Customers’ trust. We are a well-reputed shared hosting company with many favorable reviews on such platforms as HostAdvice.com, Trustpilot, Shopper Approved, and others. Feel free to check them out!
- Location. Talking about web hosting business, servers’ location really matters. . Having your website hosted on the continent where your customers are based makes your services more reliable and efficient.
We run our own data center in Vilnius, Lithuania, at the crossroads of East and West and the geographical heart of Europe, in addition, we offer two more locations around the globe: Washington DC, USA, and Singapore, Asia.