Nowadays, well-known for decades traditional marketing strategies are not as efficient as the newer digital ones. The reason for this is clear: more and more people are using social media for information and entertainment, and fewer and fewer people are spending their free time watching TV or reading newspapers.
Today, a smartphone or a tablet mobile device is in the hands of nearly everyone around the globe. Of course, business owners and advertising agencies know that fact very well. This is the reason why digital marketing has been growing so promptly in the last two decades. And the more time goes by, the faster it grows.
In this blog article, we will try to explain what digital marketing is, how it works, and what types of digital marketing are used nowadays.
What Digital Marketing is and What its Main Advantages are?
Every post on social media, in which your brand has been presented, as well as every advertisement on the internet, are good examples of digital marketing. Here is a very short list of the main digital marketing channels nowadays:
- Social media
- Websites with advertisements
Digital marketing has two main advantages that make it the best way to advertise your company’s brand, products, and services. The first significant pro of digital marketing is the pure fact that it is more affordable than traditional marketing. Unlike digital ones, conventional marketing strategies include very expansive advertising activities, such as TV, radio, and newspaper advertisements, billboard posters, print flyers, and so on. The fees for all these ways of advertising are really, really huge. And in no way they could guarantee the money spent on advertising will be returned. This means that in trying to advertise your products and services, you might not only be unable to raise your sales, but you could also lose a huge amount of money spent on advertising and never be able to be compensated for the losses.
And the second important advantage of digital marketing is the option to target the audience by specific features, such as their interests, gender, and age. Nearly all of the most famous and widely used platforms that allow advertising by digital marketing have a wonderful tool that lets targeting the audience by specific features. Your brand’s advertising could also benefit from wonderful insights that let you better evaluate your campaign’s performance and progress, so you could improve the success of your future advertising campaigns as well.
What are the Detailed Advantages of Digital Marketing?
Here is a more detailed list of some significant advantages of digital marketing:
- Reduced advertising costs: Prices for advertising in the digital environment are many times lower. Actually, they are affordable for every business owner, no matter how small their business is. Traditional marketing is quite more expensive, and it is affordable for mostly huge corporations and big business owners only.
- Competing with big business: Digital marketing’s low prices let you always compete with bigger brands for precious ad space. Thus, you could for real have the opportunity to grow your business and make it popular too, no matter the fact that big business has a higher influence due to their possibilities for applying conventional digital marketing strategies.
- Reaching a larger number of viewers: With digital marketing, you could reach a huge number of viewers for your ads, and you could influence the worldwide audience, no matter where on Earth your future clients are currently located.
- Targeting specific audience: Unlike traditional marketing, as we already mentioned above, digital one lets you target people by particular and individual features, such as interests, age, and gender. With traditional campaigns, you have to pay not only for the specific audience you target but for audiences that might not be interested in your products or services at all.
- Access to very beneficial and useful insights: Most of the popular platforms for digital marketing advertisements, such as Google, Meta, and TikTok, have great statistical data for their business users. With the insights of Facebook and Instagram, for instance, you can see how many viewers your campaign got, at what time they saw your post, etc. With other platforms, you could benefit from the information about what content they viewed on your website and how long was the time they spent viewing it. Thus, you could analyze these results and know how to make your future advertising efforts even better.
- Better communication with your customers: Digital marketing allows you to communicate easier with your clients. For instance, you could get feedback as soon as possible. Thus, you will be able to improve your product or service if a serious inconvenience or issue was noticed by a customer. And you could react in time, before the reputation of your brand was seriously affected.
What are the Main Types of Digital Marketing?
There are many types of digital marketing nowadays. But in this blog article, we will reveal only the main types of digital marketing. We hope you enjoy this new knowledge and apply them in your current and future business initiatives.
- PPC Digital Marketing: PPC is short for pay-per-click. With this digital marketing type, you pay only for the clicks you got during the advertising campaign. Examples of advertising providers with a PPC digital marketing service are Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Sponsored Messages, etc.
- SEO Digital Marketing: SEO is short for “search engine optimization”. By using specific top keywords in the textual content of the website of your brand, you could rank higher on search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. It is a completely free digital marketing type that you could use for achieving wonderful results.
- Video Digital Marketing: High-quality, entertaining, and trustworthy video content helps a lot in increasing your website’s visits. An example of a video-sharing platform, which is perfect for video digital marketing, is YouTube. It has been proven that many potential buyers look for video information about the products on YouTube, Facebook, and other platforms that allow video sharing, before making the decision to conduct the purchase.
- SMM: SMM is short for “social media marketing”. According to the most recent statistical data, there are more than 4.9 billion users of special media platforms around the globe, which is a really very huge number. Among the most popular social network channels are the following few: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and others. By using SMM, you could benefit from increasing the social trust in your brand and legitimizing your products and services as applicable, necessary, and beneficial.
- Email Digital Marketing: It is a great solution for keeping your customers up to date with your progress as a brand. For instance, you could send them newsletters once a month or a couple of times a year. And thus, you could let them know about your new products and services, as well as the improvements you applied to your previously known merchandise. Also, you could offer them discount codes to motivate them to take advantage of more services and products offered by you.
- Affiliate Digital Marketing: This is when you do not directly sell your own merchandise, but you resell someone else’s products and services. Affiliate marketers are provided an affiliate link through which they generate their own commissions. They have to promote the affiliate link and advertise the products and services in useful articles and trustworthy reviews on their own websites.
- Podcast-based Digital Marketing: Podcasts are perfect for sharing useful information and advertising products and services. As long as advertising is not too intrusive, it can be superb and very successful way to promote your brand.
- Content-based Digital Marketing: Blogs, webinars, online infographics, online articles with tutorials, and e-books – they all could be used for digital marketing purposes. You just need to think about the best possible approach.
Digital marketing types could also be based on the kind of customers:
- B2B Digital Marketing: B2B is short for “business-to-business”. In this type of digital marketing, all the products and services are offered to other businesses only. For instance, Microsoft offers software solutions for other companies that need them.
- B2C Digital Marketing: It is the “business-to-consumer” type, actually, which is the most common one. This type of digital marketing is applied when the merchandise is being sold directly to customers for personal use. For instance, a mobile phone is being sold on the internet for personal use.
- C2C Digital Marketing: When a consumer resells an already used product or service, this is called consumer-to-consumer (or C2C) marketing. This is the principle on which most customer-to-customer sales websites, such as OLX, are based.
For your advertising purposes, you could mix several types of digital marketing and several types of platforms for digital marketing. There is no doubt that digital marketing is an effective way to achieve excellent advertising results at a quite cheaper price.
But before you start any digital marketing campaign, your brand must have its own website beforehand, so it could look legitimate to potential customers. Otherwise, if a company site is missing, people may doubt the quality of your products and services. If you still have not chosen a good hosting partner for your brand’s website, why not check if Hostens is offering good promotions right now?
Hostens is a hosting company based in the European Union, specifically in Lithuania, that offers excellent quality services at very low prices. And tens, if not hundreds of thousands of business initiators use its services for the flashy websites that they use to promote their wonderful brands.