In order to create an additional FTP account, follow the guideline:
First, you need to connect to your cPanel dashboard, which you can do by following steps:
- Log in to your account in our Clients Area: https://billing.hostens.com/clientarea
- Choose your Web Hosting(cPanel) service;
- Press the button “Access Control Panel” on the left menu and then the button “Click here to access control panel“.
In the main cPanel dashboard, you should look and press “FTP Accounts” at the “Files” section. You will be redirected to the FTP users menu:
This menu is very straight-forward, you simply enter the details and press “Create FTP Account” button to create a new user.
- Log In – this refers to your username. For example, if you enter “giedrius”, the username will be “[email protected]“;
- Domain – choose a domain (for example gie.hamster.tips), for which you will create this specific user;
- Password – you can manually enter the password or use password generator by pressing the button “Password Generator“;
- Directory – you can specify which directory the user can access;
- Quota – you can specify what is the disk space that the user can use.
Here it is, if you completed the steps, you have a new FTP account which you can start using. FTP accounts are great if you want to provide limited access to your file for a specific person.