A WordPress theme is a website’s whole design. It covers everything you’d expect to find in a web design package. From headers to color selection, footers, and sidebar placement.
So if you will decide to install a theme on your site, this tutorial is for you.
In this guide, we will show the easiest way how to change your WordPress site’s theme.
WordPress theme installation via WordPress admin dashboard
Note 1: Before making any changes in your website, make sure that you have your website backup. If you use our shared or reseller hosting package, you can generate a backup by yourself by following this guide.
Note 2: However, if you will not have your site backup and you something will go wrong, we generate daily and weekly backups. One backup restoration price is 9.99 USD.
- Log in to your WordPress website admin dashboard and navigate to the Appearance menu on the left side and click on Themes.
- Then you will be able to manage your installed themes or install a new one. If you are going to install a theme, you click on Add New button.
- There you will see the list of the themes available for installation:
- Select a theme from a list: Popular, Latest or Favorites;
- Use the built-in Search option to find a certain theme;
- Set certain filters by clicking on Feature Filter.
- When you choose a theme, move your mouse on that theme and click on Install button.
- When the theme setup is finished, you can activate the theme at once by clicking Activate.
- Then you can start customizing your theme by clicking on Customize.
Upload your own
If you have a theme saved on your PC, then you can upload that theme and use it by following these steps:
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard –> Appearance –> Themes –> Add New.
- Then you will see the buton Upload Theme, so click on that button.
- Then you will be able to Browse files on your device and choose the theme file. Keep in mind that it is only possible to upload .zip files.
- As soon as the theme is chosen, you can Install it.
- If the installation will be finished successfully, you will see a message saying the theme was installed successfully.