In this article, we will explore how to migrate website installed by using “Installatron” tool from one server to another.
Important: the domain which the website will be migrated from should be pointed to the server where the website files are.
To migrate the website, the following below steps are needed:
1. Add necessary domain to the server where the website should be migrated.
2. Login to cPanel, open “Installatron” tool and click on “Application Browser”.
3. On the “Application Browser” tab click on the name of application you intend to migrate.
4. Click on the right section near “install this application” button and then on the section “import existing install”.
5. Once the new window opens click on Continue in the section “From different account”.
6. In the section “Source” fill details of the server where the website will be migrated from:
Current location of the migrated website (website name).
Select the protocol that “Installatron” should use to connect to a web hosting account. In our case it is “FTP with TLS/SSL”.
Server (IP address or Hostname):
IP address or Hostname of the server where the website files are.
FTP port “21”.
The web hosting account’s username (can be found in the service “LoginDetails” section.
The web hosting account’s password (can be found in the service “Login Details” section.
The path to the website files in the server. Standard path for the main domain is “public_html” if “FTP” protocol is used.
7. In the “Destination” section choose a domain name where the website files should be migrated to.
Once all needed sections are filled press on “Import” button.