You can order an SSL certificate following the easy guide below:
- Log in to your Clients Area page: https://billing.hostens.com/clientarea/
- Choose Order > SSL Certificates at the left menu;
- Select the certificate’s type you need and the billing period, then press continue to step 2;
- In the next step, choose “Yes, I have CSR ready“, you will have to provide the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for the certificate. CSR, can be generated with many free tools on the internet. For example: https://www.gogetssl.com/online-csr-generator/;
- Choose Server software, enter the domain name. The certificate will be issued for this name and it can not be changed in the future, then press continue to step 3
Note. Server software should be chosen, based on what server you have. Shared hosting and VPS hosting customers should choose Apache/ModSSL. If you issuing certificate for Windows OS based server, choose Microsoft IIS 7.x and later.
- In the next step, you will need to provide the details about the owner of the certificate. It is important that you enter correct details. Also, the details should match the those used in CSR. Press continue to step 4;
- Confirm the billing period and press continue to step 5, and proceed with the payment.
- You will need choose the email address, which is required to confirm your certificate. Go to your Clients Area and choose Services > SSL Certificates. Choose your ordered certificate and at the “Approval email” choose the one you have (create one if you do not have one yet). Save the details after by pressing Save Changes.
After you do every step, you should wait for confirmation email, which will be sent to your chosen email address. It can take up to 24 hours, to receive the confirmation email. Once this is done, certificate will be issued and you can find the files to download in our Clients Area.
Note. When generating CSR, please do not forget to save both CSR and more important – Private Key. You will never be able to check it again if you do not save it.
Note. If you forget to save Private Key for some reason, you will need to inform us and provide the new CSR and Private Key, so that we could change it manually.
Here is an instruction on how to install SSL Certificate in our Shared Hosting server:
Here is an instruction on how to install SSL Certificate in our VPS Hosting server: