Tumblr is a popular blogging platform, and all Tumblr blogs have a domain name. You can use either the one with tumblr.com or use your domain name.
If you already have a Tumblr blog and your domain uses Hostens, you can follow the below steps to connect it with your Tumblr account.
1. Connect to your Hostens account.
2. Open the DNS Manager: https://www.hostens.com/knowledgebase/working-with-dns-manager/
3. Open the DNS Manager and scroll down to the section “Add New Record”:
4. If you already have an A record, just adjust it by pressing “Edit” on the right side near the existing DNS record:
5. The same steps are with the CNAME record.
6. In the final result, your domain A record should be pointed to the IP address “220.127.116.11” and CNAME record for www subdomain to domains.tumblr.com:
Important. Tumblr can change their IP address, so if the provided one doesn’t fit, you need to clarify the new IP address for A record with Tumblr.
Once the necessary records are set up, you need to wait for their propagation. It takes up to 30- 60 minutes.
Hostens nameservers are:
- ns1.hostens.com (18.104.22.168)
- ns2.hostens.com (22.214.171.124)