DirectAdmin is a graphical web-based web hosting control panel designed to make administration of websites easier. DirectAdmin is often called DA for short.
More information can be found on official web page:
In Hostens you are able to install DirectAdmin template really easy and fast, only with few mouse clicks:
- Login to the Clients Portal;
- Select at the top of menu the “Services > VPS Hosting” tab;
- Press the “Manage” button at the service table;
- Press the “Install OS” button;
- Choose operating system, agree with warning and press “Continue”;
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and refresh VPS management page.
DirectAdmin template contains:
- CentOS 6.x 64bit
- Apache: 2.4.18
- PHP 5.5.34
- MySQL 5.5.48
- PERL 5.10.1
- Exim 4.82.1
DirectAdmin uses 2222 port, so to connect to control panel on you internet browser enter:
Username for login is “admin” and password is server’s “root” password, which you can find on Clients Portal.
2. Adding New User
Before creating new users, you must first create a package. To do this:
- On the right side menu select "Reseller Level". - Then select "Add Package". - Choose limits (traffic, disk space, e-mail accounts. Data databases, etc.) for package, type in package name and click "Save."
You can create multiple packages and apply them to different users.
Now that we have created package, we can add a new user:
- Click "Home" to return to the original page. - Click on the "Add New User". - Enter the user's name, email, password, domain, and click "Submit".
Instructions how to login and login details to the new user will be send via entered email.
3. Adding Email Account
First of all login as the user to which you want to create an email account:
- On the right side menu select "Reseller Level". - Click "List Users". - Login as user by click on the "Login as ".
You are now logged in as user and can create email account:
- Select "Email account". - Click "Create Email account". - Enter the data you want and click "Create".
4. Adding New FTP user
FTP users as well as email account can be added after logged in as user. In order to add a FTP user:
- Click on the "FTP Management". - Then click "Create FTP account". - Enter the data and click "Create".
5. Adding Database
While you are logged in as user:
- Click on the "MySQL Management". - Then click "Create New Database". - Here, after entering the database name, user name and password, click on "Create"
6. Website’s Suspension/Removal
In order to suspend or remove website, on user-level:
- Select "Domain Setup". - Select the desired website and click "Suspend" or "Delete".
7. Password reset
In order to change Direct Admin control panel “admin” user password you need to connect to server via SSH and run the following command:
You will be asked to enter and re-type the new password. If everything is done you should see similar results:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
DirectAdmin guide is available at the following address: