Addon domains are used to add a new domain for the existing domain in cPanel, in the same way as subdomains are added.
In order to create an addon domain in cPanel, follow the guideline:
First, you need to connect to your cPanel dashboard, which you can do by following steps:
- Log in to your account in our Clients Area: https://billing.hostens.com/clientarea
- Choose your Web Hosting(cPanel) service;
- Press the button “Access Control Panel” on the left menu and then the button “Click here to access control panel“.
Choose “Addon domains” in “Domains” section and proceed to create an addon domain.
Creation is very simple just fille the empty fields:
- New Domain Name – simply enter your domain name;
- Subdomain – filled automatically, we suggest not changing anything unless you know what you are doing;
- Document Root – filled automatically, but you can edit the location where your new addon domain files will be stored.
Once you enter the details press “Add Domain” and your new addon domain will be created. You will be able to host another domain on your cPanel.
Note. You can create an additional FTP account for this specific addon domain, by checking the check-box “Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain” and then entering the details of a new account.