1. To set up Python app in your cPanel, firstly, you should log-in to the panel:
- Log in to your account in our Clients Area: https://billing.hostens.com/clientarea
- Choose your Web Hosting(cPanel) service;
- Press the button “Access Control Panel” on the left menu and then the button “Click here to access control panel“.
Don’t forget to check our trial web hosting here >>
2. In the “Software” category choose “Setup Python App” application.
3. “Python version” allows you to choose between “2.7”, “3.3” and “3.6” versions. “App Directory” allows you to set directory on which the application is located. Lastly set URI for accessing your application. To proceed, press “Setup” button.
4. Every new application created, is added to “Existing applications” category at the bottom of the page. Advanced configuration can be done after the application is added. If you want, you can adjust the settings set for the application on step 3, by clicking “Edit” on the right side of the table. Any changes made should be used by saving via “Save” link that will replace the “Edit” option.
In addition to editing previous settings, additional configuration can be done. “WSGI file location” is used to specify python wsgi application entry point. It has to be set as a filename, must be callable and separated by colon. This field value should be set as “path/to/app:callable”. For example if app is running from file “appX/run.py”, the field should be set as “appX/run.py:app”.
By choosing “show” link in “modules” you can open additional menu on which you can enable specific modules. Module list is navigated through entering module name in search field
Field “Execute command” allows you to run simple commands from withing the settings interface. Example, you can install packages from specific repositories.
5. If you will be doing any changes to already loaded configuration, no changes will be done until pressing “Update” button at the bottom left corner. If you have changed something but not saved, you can revert back to the last saved configuration by pressing “Restart”.
After creating the configuration in the “Setup Python App” menu, you still have to upload the application files you have specified in the configuration.
6. When the app is configured and files are uploaded to proper directory, it can be started by running the APP URI.